Thursday, April 25, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 25: The Moon

Today's prompt was a ballad.   Traditionally, ballads were rhymed poems that told a story of some kind, and were often set to music.  They were sometimes set in four-line verses, with an ABAB rhyme pattern, employing alternating 8 and 6 syllable, iambic lines.  This 8/6 iambic pattern is sometimes referred to as a ballad meter.  

I don't think this little ballad will ever get set to music, but I think it was still worth the effort.

Tonight's moon was breathtaking and so with that.....

The moon sits so high in the sky
Calling oh it's calling
A moonlit walk I think I'll try
Why then am I stalling

It's beckoning and oh so sweet
But yet I sit and stare
This lovely moon is such a treat
And I don't have a care


No comments:

Post a Comment