Monday, April 1, 2013

The Game

April is National Poetry Writing Month or NaPoWriMo - not an April fools joke but seriously a mouth full - it's hard to get out especially having been a member of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the last three years.


The challenge is to write a poem every day for the month of April.  The poem gets posted on your blog and attached to the NaPo site.  When I first head this I thought wow a poem every day for a month but but then I figured that if I could write a complete novel in a month why not a poem a day.

I've named this blog "Under the Wire" because here I am at 11:30 on the first night just creating my blog and my first poem.   If you read them and like them, please let me know,  otherwise kindness would be highly appreciated.

The Game

The rule of the game is to try not to blame
And seriously folks, it sounds kind of lame

But try it just once for an hour or two
You are in charge of the things that you do

So why am I late on this very date?
There are plenty of things that I’d like to state

But following rules is a thing I must do
This means of course I can’t blame it on you

So suck it up Sally or Susie or Shawn
You are in charge of your own stinking lawn

1 comment: