Friday, April 25, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 Day 25

Tonight's prompt - an Anaphora.  Anaphora is a literary term for the practice of repeating certain words or phrases at the beginning of multiple clauses or, in the case of a poem, multiple lines. The phrase "A time to," is a good example of anaphora.

I was sitting here tonight thinking about friendship.  I am really fortunate in that I have seven friends that I can really say are here for me always.  Each relationship is unique - some go back to my early childhood and I know that I could call any of them day or night for any reason at all.   This is to my best friends!

My true friends are always there
and I will keep them in my prayers
My true friends let me talk
and I know they'll never walk
My true friends laugh with me
and when I'm sad they let me be
My true friends stand by my side
and hold me up when it's a rough ride
My true friends are the best
and I know I'm truly blessed







No comments:

Post a Comment